An Introduction to ecommerce, Growth of E-commerce in India
Shivangi Garg Blog Hits: 292
What is e-commerce?
E-commerce or electronic commerce can be defined as a term that describes the selling and purchasing of any goods over the Internet, like, buying clothes, shoes, apparel, or anything on an online platform, in simple words, e-commerce is a process where businesses and the consumers sell and purchase goods via an electronic medium. E-commerce includes online marketing, supply chain systems, online transactions, mobile marketing, and many transfers of data through an electronic path which helps the business to run and grow.
E-commerce has erased the limitation of time and distance to buy or sell goods without facing any part of the problem permanently, in short, it has emerged as a savior of business, it has given a cool and wonderful platform to the business with which you as a business person can list your company’s product over the internet and can grow your business non-uniformly and with this it has also blessed the consumers to find their needed product easily without roaming sweating here and there, your product is just a single click away. The traditional way of buying and selling has changed completely after the arrival of e-commerce in the field of the Internet.
How and when does E-commerce emerge?
E-commerce emerged firstly in the year of 1960s when the transfer of data started over the internet and organizations started using the technology named Electronic Data Interchange, that is, EDI where the files or documents started to transfer through internet for the business purposes.
From the year 1990, online shopping businesses started and went on the thirteen skies since then, as it has lowered the burden of time and distance from the shoulder of the buyer, with time after smartphones came into our hands, buying became the concept of just a single click where you can purchase your desired product sitting anytime and anywhere, just need of the internet connection is there like a thread. And now you can visit the virtual Online Shopping Store and can browse millions of products online on the screen of your smartphone.
The E-commerce website
Those online portals on which the selling and purchase of goods are done and also the transactions of the amount corresponding to them occur are E-commerce websites, but, E-commerce is not bounded by the selling and buying, it also includes the web portals regarding the trading, counselings, tutorial, music, auction, movies, retailing, and so on. A wide platform is e-commerce which welcomes every individual to sell their product and buy your product.
Kinds of E-commerce:
- The Business to Consumer(B2C): In this kind of e-commerce, the business sells their products to the customers or consumers through online web portals, where you search for your desired product, scroll them, add them to the cart and then buy it through online fund transaction method like with the use of credit/debit card or net banking. The best example of this is Amazon and Flipkart.
- The Consumer to Business(C2B): The process of selling and purchase of items or products through consumers to the business via the internet, for example, the paid survey regarding any product of any company.
- The Business to Business(B2B): The buying and selling of goods or products over the internet between two businesses or companies. The best example of this is the company that provides hosting services to the websites of other companies, like, GO Daddy, which sells the domain and other hosting services to other companies.
- The Consumer to Consumer(C2C): When over the internet you sell a product that you need no longer to the needy one it is Consumer to Consumer e-Commerce. The perfect example of this is OLX, a wide platform where you click your good that you need no longer and give an ad of it where the buyer can contact you directly through the contact details provided by you on the website.
Features of E-Commerce
- Global Reach: The first and the best feature of E-commerce is its availability globally, anyone can buy their favorite and needed product from anywhere, with no limitation in the name of the country is out of reach anyone, the product which you have chosen for yourself would be at your place after you will order it in the relevant days. So, no matter where you are staying and from where you are ordering, the need is just a valid address of yours where your product can reach you easily.
- Omnipresence or Ubiquity: Since electronic commerce deals with the internet, making efficient use of it can be done by you easily, there is just a need for an internet connection that you can use in the form of wireless fidelity that using a hotspot with which you can connect your smartphone and can scroll through the items you want to get at home. The only ubiquitous market is e-commerce as the conventional market has its operating hours, you cannot go to the market at midnight if it has working hours from 9:30 AM to 10 PM, and there, e-commerce came into the limelight which does not have any resting hours, the online store is open for everyone 24x7, anytime and anywhere.
- The Information Density: The great technical capability of E-commerce is its Information density, that is, using e-commerce reduces the storage cost of the data, procedures, and communication data as per Pearson education. It also provides a bucket full of information without any expense which used to be accurate.
- Interactivity: This is the highlighted feature of e-commerce, as it provides genuine interactivity with the consumer which gives a complete and transparent process, like, the tracking of the shipment and delivery part after the order of your item. This makes the customer believe the platform on which they have shopped which is the online store this feature makes the customer happy for the long term.
- Universal Standard: The feature which makes the e-commerce business like an evergreen forest is its Universal Standard those are used by Individuals, government authorities, and businesses in the same way where everyone uses the same media, internet, and technical standard to access the e-commerce platform in the same process and using the same standard that is the Universal Standard. Everyone has to register on the platform to create their username and password in order to access their own personal account.
Growth of E-commerce in India currently and in the upcoming 5 years
India has seen wondering growth in the e-commerce field in recent years with an internet user of about 300 million. India has seen a marvelous rise in e-retail, electronic goods, fashion, home appliances and so much more, it has given many opportunities to the young generation and made them number one entrepreneurs providing so many jobs.
In the future or in the upcoming 5 years it is possible that the purchasing and selling of stuff would be on the social media platform. Maybe the delivery system will become more intelligent with the use of quad-copters or drones. With the use of artificial intelligence, your all queries would be listened to and answered by the robots more accurately and efficiently.
How to start an eCommerce business
If you want to start an eCommerce business of yours, then here we will tell you the step-by-step procedures with their requirements in order to achieve the desired eCommerce store of yours.
Choosing or selecting the product: In the first stage, you have to make the biggest decision of yours i.e. which product you want to sell, this is touted to be the most challenging decision one has to take. After you have selected the product you want to sell over the Internet you have to register your business and have to set them all up.
Registering the Domain name: The second step is choosing a fabulous domain name for your online store, which will describe your business that would have a catchy name with which the customer will relate, far more easily.
After choosing the domain name you have to check whether the domain name you want is available or not for your e-commerce store, if it is, then what can be more awesome than that, check for the other.
Taking Hosting Services: The next step after buying the domain for your e-commerce is purchasing the hosting services to set up your e-commerce store and find compatible e-commerce choices in order to work.
This Magento eCommerce will help you list your items, set a suitable price for them, and also add a shopping cart to the website.
Logo Design: After you have selected and registered the name of your business and have also purchased the hosting services the next step towards the making of your online store comes the making of a fanatic, the eye-catching amazing logo which would act as a symbol of your e-commerce business.
Web Design: The next step after following the four comes, the most important one which is designing a website for your e-commerce business. Where you have to first design a blueprint or prototype of the website you want which is sketched into your mind. Nowadays people prefer to use WordPress and WooCommerce for it. A great website that engages the user attracts more visitors and increases the traffic to the website, in clear words; a great and beautiful website has a big role in e-commerce SEO.
Website Development: After making the prototype of the website by designing it with outlines the next phase comes in is the second biggest phase which is website development. In this step, the site is developed with the help of website developers who give your ideas a new life and make your imagination real. The functionalities are added to your ideas and hence the end result gives you a perfect running e-commerce store.
Digital Marketing: The seventh step after the completion of the development phase comes the digital marketing phase. At this point, you have to decide how you want to introduce your product or your business in front of the customers.
The marketing of your business digitally is done with e-commerce SEO, SMO, and SEM.
The SMO is social media optimization which is done by the Facebook ads campaign which also includes Instagram, giving the ad on YouTube, and making use of Google ads.
After building the website, the next important thing that comes is, understanding search engine optimization or e-commerce SEO. if you want to optimize your site and want your online store to come in the organic search result.
Building Marketplace Management: The last and ultimate step which comes is building the online store with a better understanding of E-commerce SEO in which you have to write a valuable and compelling product description of your business. Your e-commerce business is launched on the social platform over social media as everyone has become so connected to the world of social media like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other websites they give new businesses a chance to get introduced to the audiences, as without marketing the customers would be remain limited to a particular area, so for the global reach building marketplace for the new business is must.
How do we develop an e-commerce business?
- After the product selection, we start designing the website and with the consent of the client, we start working on the process of website development where the functionalities are added to the website design, in short, the lifeless site is given life in this phase and your dream site is created. This phase takes 4-10 weeks, the designing and developing depend upon the technology we make use of.
- During the E-commerce Website development process, the shopping module development is carried out where we register the accounts on the different marketplaces and list the products with the help of this process we would start the process of ordering products within 15 days after the start of the project designing and development as this makes the customer happy with their rising business and frequent selling of their product gives their spirit a hike.
- After the completion of the design and development phase of the e-commerce platform, our Admin team starts working on the product entry on the website which we use to upload the photo either manually or with the use of tools. With each product, a compelling and useful product description is added which gives a sorted and short feature of the product like an overview, this is an important part of the making and establishing phase.
- In the meantime duration of product entries, we start working on the launch of the online store and start the process of digital marketing of the e-commerce store through the website to make the perfect space for your site for you within 4 months by performing SMO and SEO for your website. Like giving ads of the business on Facebook of the eye endearing Info-graphical image of your product with a mind-catching and attractive tagline that would define your business.
The technologies we use:
- Magento eCommerce: Magento is an eCommerce platform that provides a flexible shopping cart system that not only keeps track of the content but also looks over the functionalities of the online store they are being used in. Magento e-commerce is used for various eCommerce businesses because of its application which does not need any developer to run the site. That is why Magento is a leading enterprise e-commerce platform; it is also providing optimal performance which is increasing the experience of the customer wonderfully.
- OpenCart: It is a wonderful e-commerce system that is based on the MVC in which you can easily develop extensions and can customize too. Opencart has a very user-friendly and great admin dashboard, you will not get confused through the menus, and Opencart e-commerce provides an easy way to make changes in your Opencart store. Here, you can edit the files in the core of your CMS, Opencart e-commerce gives ready-made templates.
- Wooecommerce: If you have made your website on Wordpress then without any problem you can add the cart system to your site with this great plugin of Wordpress that is Wooecommerce. Wooecommerce lets your WordPress website sell your products and wonderful services and the best part of it is, this plugin is free with beneficial features as the paid add-ons. With Wooecommerce you can sell your item digitally and can keep track of the products, managing the inventories with perfect payment gateway integration.
The Industries we serve for
Our compelling e-commerce development company works for startups, retail e-commerce, the manufacturing companies who want to start their business online we also do online store development for wholesale businesses where we make sure that our client gets their prototype as a result. With the help of Digital marketing, we try our best to launch every project tremendously so that they can have a fanatic start their business.